Thursday 30 June 2016

#tbt: Winter Wedding in the Cape

Hi everyone, 
I guess this post falls under the travel category. I had the privelge of attending the wedding of two friends who chose to get married at one of the wine estates on the Stellenbosch wine route

The wedding was held at the Webersburg Estate (a boutique winery) just off the R44 not too far from Stellenbosch. 


As you can tell, it was an overcast day with the threat of rain, which thankfully held off until the next morning. But it was a beautiful day despite the cold wind. 

The theme for the wedding was Autumn, so the venue for the ceremony was filled with oak leaves...it was beautiful. 

The centrepieces in the reception venue consisted of pieces of bark, wood and proteas and various indigenous flowers.


Webersburg wines were served at the reception: the MCC brut & brut rose sparkling winees were served with the canapes, and the 3-course dinner was served with the Carbarnet sauvignon and the Sauvignon blanc. You can check out the wines at www.wine.co.za.
 
Since the weather was cold and wet, I decided not to straghten my hair and rather wear it in a braidout afro. I also finally got to wear one of my African wax print dresses that I picked up in Ghana a couple of years ago and I wore a navy blue jacket over it.



xoxo, 

N

No comments:

Post a Comment