Monday 3 July 2017

Hair & Beauty - June Favourites


Hello Beautiful people,
I can't believe half the year is gone 😱 I still have so much to do before this year is out.
Here are my favourites for the month of June.

Some of my favourites from last month 💜


1. Juvia's  Place Nubian II palette
If you follow me on instagram, then you know how much I love my The Masquerade palette from Juvia's Place. I decided to purchase this Nubian II (pre-loved from Janet Pink) for everyday toned down neutral looks. I love this palette, because I can the dark shades for eye shadow and as blush/contour and the light shimmer shades as highlight. This makes it perfect for travelling, I only have to pack one palette.
Here are some of the looks achieved with this palette:

Price: R 650.00 from SAMIKA, R 950.00 from Pink Cosmetics
If you live in the US (they ship to some other countries as well), you can order directly from Juvia's Place for $ 19.99.

2. Essence Lights of the Orient Bronzer 02 Oriental Beauty
For those with deeper darker skin tones will understand my point of view: I've never been sure of how to use bronzers, since the shades are usually too light to have the same effect as intended for those with lighter skin tones. But I've figured it out; instead of using bronzer to warm up my face, I use it as an under eye and forehead highlight powder. I love the finished effect I get with this bronzer from Essence. 

Price: R 47.95 (it was a limited edition, but I've seen a few in stock at Clicks Tygervalley).

3. My Natural Hair Strengthening Oil 100ml
I've already waxed poetic about the My Natural Hair range here; but I have to highlight How much I enjoy using this oil. I use it to seal when I moisturise on wash day and then 2-3 times during the week. It's also superb for sealing when installing braid and twist extensions. I love it because I don't end up with a greasy mess. It works great as a scalp oil.
Price:  R 79.99 on My Natural online store, R 99.99 at selected Clicks stores

4. Native Child  - Shea butter cream 125ml
I was in Windhoek for a while and it is super dry, just harsh on the skin and the hair. So I decided to pack this shea butter cream from Native Child for my hair instead of oil. It's thick mainly consists of shea butter along with avocado oil and aloe vera gel. I really like this one, #nogrease and a little goes a long way. Also, it's locally made, #proudlysouthafrican.
Price: R 79.99 from Native Child online store

5. The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid in Windsor Rose, Mauritius Dahlia and Sicily Iris
The Body Shop recently launched matte liquid lippies in South Africa and I am here for it.
I've got 3 of the shades; one nude and two dark shades. I love how these wear, they're very smooth and velvety when applied. they don't dry down like the Colourpop liquid lipsticks, so they do transfer and fade after eating. I however am not complaining because they're decently priced. I will definitely be adding at least two more to my collection.

Matte Liquid Lip in Windsor Rose
Price: R 85.00 (but I made use of the sales; 20% off or 3 for 2 specials)

6. The Body Shop Spa Of The World Hawaiian Kukui Cream 350ml
I'm a sucker for a good body cream; I've been eyeing the ones from the Spa of the World range for years but the price though...
Clicks had a 30% off in May, so I took that opportunity to purchase one of them. This cream has a velvet butter consistency with a faint floral scent. I love it! It's not heavy at all and it's easily absorbed into the skin and the moisturising effect is long lasting.
Price: R 380.00 ( I got it for R 266.00).

And those were my favourites for the month. What prodcuts did you enjoy using last month? Let me know in the comments section below.

See you in my next post, 
xoxo
N

No comments:

Post a Comment