Tuesday 8 August 2017

My Singapore Trip

Hey lovelies,
I finally sat down write about my recent trip to Singapore. It was a work-related trip; I attended the International Union of Microbiological Societies Congress (IUMS) hosted at the Sands Convention centre in Marina Bay. Yes friends, I'm a labrat between 8am and 4pm on weekdays 😁

About Singapore...
Singapore is a city-state on the southern tip of peninsular Malaysia, it's also known as the Lion City.
Singapore it is known as a global financial centre, multicultural city and tropical climate.

My Hotel...
I'm pedantic when it comes to planning a trip; for months prior to my trip I scour the Internet for the best deals and consult the oracle of travellers...Trip Advisor for hotel reviews. I settled for Hotel Clover The Arts based on price, decor and location (so proximity to attractions, restaurants and public transport). The Arts is small boutique type budget hotel in Clark Quay on South Bridge Rd not too far from Chinatown and Riverside.

Source: http://www.geraldpng.com/2015/07/weekending-hotel-clover-arts.html
 I booked into a Studio Single, the singles do not have windows; I'm not ready to sleep in a box just yet 😏 It's a tiny room but sufficient for one person, and the shower and toilet are separate (which is not always the case in Singapore) with enough moving room.  Each of the rooms at The Arts has a different decor, which I find really quaint.




My Beauty Haul...


The Singapore Sale was on while I was in Singapore (it ends this weekend), so as you can imagine...there I didn't hold back. I had a wish list of Korean and Taiwanese skincare products I was hoping to pick up.
Missha
Time Revolution Night Repair Serum came with a free gift 130ml First Treatment Essence

Sheet Masks errywhere...I picked these up at Sasa cosmetics and Watsons

More sheet masks: Missha, The Face Shop & Repiel
I also picked up the Naruko Job's tears night jelly, the Hada Labo AHA+BHA face wash and a second bottle of the Mild peeling lotion. Sasa cosmetics had a Buy 1 Get 1 on some of their fragrances, so I definitely picked up something 😉

I also picked up some Urban Decay goodies because I had too?!
Me at the Urban Decay Store in Vivo City

The Cape Town store is opening this weekend! YAY!!!😀 19th August at the V & A Waterfront.

Sightseeing Highlights...
Sunset view from the Sentosa walkway

View of the skyscapers from the roof patio at the hotel
Sentosa Merlion
Supertree Grove at the Gardens by the Bay
Supertree Grove
Orchid Garden at the Singapore Botanic Gardens

Orchid Garden

If you're ever in Singapore...
1. For shopping ...don't rule out the malls frequented by the locals; you can get really good deals on beauty and skincare at Watsons and Guardian stores. There's plenty of Buy 1 Get 1 specials, as well as price reductions regularly. Also, you can find stores that aren't found in tourist places like Orchard Road. Head to ION Orchard if you're like me and a trip to Sephora has to happen whenever you travel abroad.



2. Travel by public transport; it's super affordable. I got an EZ-link card (available at MRT stations) that comes preloaded with SGD 7.00. I loaded an extra SGD 10.00 and this lasted a week. A single trip in the CBD only costs SGD 0.77. You can use the card for the metro and bus trips.

3. Must see attactions ...
  • Gardens by the Bay (especially at night).
  • Singapore Botanic Gardens 
  • Sentosa Island
  • Chinatown
  • and so many others. There's never enough time to see everything
 Let me know, if you want an in-depth review of the products I purchased.


See you in my next post, xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment