Tuesday 11 October 2016

Make-up Review: Sleek MakeUP i-Divine eyeshadow palettes



Hey lovelies,
I haven't posted a makeup review in a while, so thought I'd post a review on two Sleek MakeUP palettes that I ordered last week. I got them in the Original palette and the Sunset palette.
So lets get into it.
The palettes are not large they're quite small and the eyeshadow pans are the size of a ZAR 2 coin. This makes them convenient for travel. You can easily slip one into your handbag. The palette also includes a decent sized mirror and a double-ended applicator brush (which I never use becuase i prefer bristle brushes).


i-Divine Original palette 

i-Divine Sunset palette
The colour range in these palettes is quite impressive; I especially love the orange and red in the sunset palette. The shadows are quite pigmented and soft, but they're prone to fallout during application.
I did some arm swatches without primers for both palettes. there's overlap for some of the shades in the two palettes: the turqouise is the same in both palettes and so are the gold, champagne shades. The chmapagne shades also tend to be a bit chalky in consistency.
Sunset palette swatches

Original palette swatches

Golden sunset eye makeup using the Sunset palettes. I used the NYX eyeshadow base in skin tone as a primer
 

They're not inglot quality or Urban Decay but they're comparable to wet n wild palettes but a bit more pigmented for some shades. The wet n wild shadows are finer and more buttery as well as easier to apply. To increase the intensity of shadows on the lid, it's better to dampen your synthetic brush (I used a finishing spray).
When comparing the two palettes, I think I prefer the colour selection in the Sunset palette and could probably live without the original palette, since it doesn't really add anything new to my makeup stash.

Pros
Affordable
Wide colour selection

Cons
Application is difficult, need to use a synthetic brush
Fallout
Needs primer/base to extend wear
Some shades are chalky

Score: 6.5/10

They're ideal for beginners learning how to do their own makeup and for experimenting with bright colours.
The palettes are available on the Sleek MakeUP website for 10.49 euro and they deliver worldwide.


See you in my next post,

xoxo,
N

*Palette images are from the Sleek MakeUP website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment