Saturday 11 November 2017

Make-Up Review: Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation

Hi peeps,
Here's another that took forever to make to our shores.
After years and years of hearing beauty influencers wax poetic about this Maybelline foundation, we finally get to try it out .... YAY!!!

Here's the blurb from the Maybelline website about the foundation

WHAT IT IS
Fit Me Matte & Poreless has been designed for normal to oily skin. Its blurring micro powders refines pores while shine is being absorbed for a natural matte finish.
BENEFITS
Fit Me Matte & Poreless foundation fits both skin and texture for natural finish and poreless looking skin.
HOW TO USE/APPLY

Apply smoothly and evenly to your face and blend with your fingertips.


Of I went to Dischem to swatch and hopefully find my shade. I initially chose 352 Truffle but when I applied it and looked at my face in natural light the foundation was too light. So I went back to Dischem and swatched the dark shades and mixed a couple and decided to pick up 365 Espresso as well.



Packaging
The foundation comes in a 30ml squeeze tube; similar to the dream velvet matte foundation which also comes in a plastic tube. I don't really have a problem with it; a lot of the drugstore foundations ar packaged in plastic, it's cheaper than glass. The advantage of plastic is that if you drop it, you're not going to loose all your product. The foundation number is printed on the front of the tube and the name is printed on the back with the  ingredient list.



Application
So I had to mix two different foundation shades to get my perfect shade; I mixed the two foundations in equal parts. A pea-sized amount  was more than enough for my entire face.
I started out applying the foundation with an oval brush, but I didn't like how it was applying, So I used my fingers, which is what they recommend anyway.
The finish is a soft matte and coverage is light to medium, which I like since I do like a more natural finish to my foundation. If you have dry skin, you might not like this foundation because it did feel dry. So you might want to use a hydrating primer underneath this foundation.

Wear Test
I tested the foundation for a week with three different primers currently in my stash:
The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer
Stila Cosmetics One Step Illuminate
NYX Cosmetics Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer

I don't normally set with powder, but I do use a setting spray and I used my setting sprays with the foundation:
Urban Decay All-Nighter
NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray
Maybelline Superstay 24hr Setting Spray

I didn't notice any difference in the look and longevity of my foundation throughout the day (> 8 hours) with the 3 primers.

In terms of performance of the foundation; my face was matte until midday and then I noticed a bit of shine around my T-zone (I have combination-oily skin) but it wasn't bad, I had a glow and I could get away without blotting all day. However, the foundation does tend to fade around the mouth and nose, so it's not long-wearing. It didn't minimise the appearance of my pores, it even seems to make them more visible, especially on my nose ðŸ¤”.

Wear test. You can't really see this in the pictures but the foundation does fade around my mouth and nose. But I'm impressed with how it held up during the day, because I didn't look like a grease ball the end of the day. Even without blotting. 

Final thoughts
Overall, I think this is a decent drugstore foundation; for me it's definitely better than the velvet dream matte foundation, which I tried out last year. I didn't like that one at all; the undertones of the foundation were wrong and it settled into my smile lines a few hours after application.
I think this foundation will be great for wearing out for a couple hours out to an event or something because it's not a long wearing foundation.
If you want a long wearing foundation from Maybelline, then go for the SuperStay; I've never tried it because it doesn't come in my shade ðŸ˜’(Shade selection is really disappointing for this one).
In terms of shade selection, this probably the best we've seen from Maybelline in South Africa. I wish they'd brought in the Fit Me range for the USA as that has 40 different shades and is much more inclusive, especially at the dark end of the spectrum.

I don't need this in my life...nope!
You can buy the foundations at Foschini Beauty and Zando online. Although, this is only recommended if are sure of your shade. If you're trying the foundation out for the first time, I suggest you go into the store and swatch before making a selection. It's available at Foschini, Dischem and Clicks stores. Though some stores do not have the full shade selection.

Price wise, the foundation is at R 99.95, but it's on special at Dischem for R 92.95.

Have you tried out this foundation? Did you like it?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you in my next post, 
xoxo








No comments:

Post a Comment