Thursday 11 May 2017

Hair & Beauty Empties (March & April)

Hi loves,
Welcome to my first empties post. let me tell you about how I found the products and whether or not I would repurchase.

1. Sunny Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil 236ml
I've been using JBCO for over two years now; I use it for my hair in a number of ways:
* with a cheapy conditioner (Tresemme Naturals) as a pre-shampoo/detangling treatment.
* with a hair masque/deep conditioner after shampooing.
* mix it with grapeseed oil (herbal infusion) and essential oils for my hair and scalp oil
I started using this oil during my transition period and it made the whole process so much easier; my hair is definitely stronger and thicker. JBCO is the one staple in my hair regimen since I'm a bit of a product junkie so I'm always trying out new shampoos and conditioners.

Would I repurchase? Hell yeah! I already have a second bottle. 
Price: ZAR 269.00 from www.african-flair.co.za 


2. Dark & Lovely Au Naturale Knot-out Conditioner 250ml
Dark & Lovely launched a hair care range for natural hair in South Africa late last year. I've already reviewed some of the products in this range (Click here for the link). I don't really use rinse-out conditioners after shampooing, I prefer to use deep conditioners and hair masques. I use rinse-outs for pre-poo and detangling (mixed with JBCO); this conditioner is perfect for this it's got tons of slip and it's super affordable. It will never replace Tresemme Naturals in my heart but it's an acceptable replacement. Also 250ml is only enough for 3 pre-poo sessions (I've got a lot of hair).

Would I repurchase? Yes. Until they launch the Tresemme Botanique range in South Africa.
Price: ZAR 39.95


3. The Body Shop Honeymania body Butter 250ml
I'm a sucker for a good body butter; I've got dry skin, so I can do with the extraness. This tub lasted a year, and I love how it made my skin feel. It locks in moisture without making things greasy which is awesome. It was a little difficult ot use in the winter beucase it gets a little hard and it feels cold in the winter (who else has this problem in the winter? My mission after a bath is to jump into PJs as quicky as possible and then bed. Butters and lotions feel really cold in the winter, so it becomes a chore). The scent was a bit too sweet for me at times, but other than that it's pretty good.


Repurchase? Probably not. I prefer the Brazil Nut and Atlas Mountain Rose Butters.
Price: ZAR 170.00


4. The Body Shop Seaweed Oil-Balancing Toner 250ml
This toner has been part of my skincare regimen for almost a year now. It's light and refreshing, and gives my face that one last clean before my serums and moisturisers. One bottle goes a long way; at least 3 months (even when using it twice a day), which is really good for the price.

Repurchase? Always
Price: ZAR 120.00


5. The Body Shop Seaweed Oil-Balancing Clay Mask 100ml
Another one from The Body Shop :-) I've only been using face masks dilligently for the last 6 months and I bought this mask, because I use the cleanser and toner from the Seaweed range. It's based on kaolin clay which is really good for purifying and detoxing the skin. It's got a slight cooling effect when applied, the tingling only comes afterwards, after rinsing. I found that if I used the toner straight after rinsing off the mask, then there's slight burning sensation, but nothing bad happens.

Would I repurchase? No, only because I've found something better. The masks from the Recipes of Nature range.
Price: ZAR 190.00


6. Fountain  - The Hair Molecule
I've talked about this beauty supplement in my favourites post (here); I've been using for more than a month. It's got a sour berry flavour that's a bit powdery but I don't find that off-putting. I'll do a review on it, after my 3 month trial period.

Would I repurchase? For now...Yes I'll talk about that in my full review soon. But I'm currently on my second bottle.
Price: ZAR 712 (Bay One for Africa) $39 (Deciem)

I can now throw these into the recycling waste bin. Done!

See you in my next post, 
xoxo, 


2 comments: