Saturday 13 April 2019

Make-Up Review: NYX Cosmetics Can't Stop Won't Stop Full Coverage Foundation

Hi loves,
I've finally returned after the longest break from posting. I haven't been in the mood to write up reviews, so now I'm playing catch up.
NYX recently launched their foundation here in South Africa late last year and being the makeup junkie that I am, picked it up in store in the week of the launch. Why must I wait?

The Can't Stop Won't Stop Foundation was developed in collaboration with Beauty Youtuber Alyssa Ashley; it comes in 45 shades, it's long-wearing (24hr wear), waterproof, transfer-resistant, matte and full coverage. Is what they claim...


I popped into the NYX store in Canal Walk, just as they were packing out the foundations onto the shelves. I love being the first to use testers, before they get thrown all over the place. I swatched a couple of the shades before, picking out my shade; I ended up going for shade 21 Cocoa.
Can't Stop Won't Stop Foundation in the shade Cocoa
I've worn the foundation for about 7 months, because I don't believe in first impressions ... Let me tell how much I loathe first impressions *😑* they don't tell me anything about how the foundation wears over time, how it performs with different primers, powders, setting sprays? does it settle into the smile lines? Ok, I'm done!

Foundation swatches
Packaging
It comes in the standard rectangular glass bottle with a pump and a clear plastic cap. The bottle is clear without frosting, which is great because you can see the colour of the foundation clearly. Don't use this as a guide for selecting a shade, always swatch before buying.

Texture
The foundation is thick, it doesn't run at all, it's not oily at all and it drys really quickly.

How it applies?
I didn't pick up the Can't Stop Won't Stop primer, I tried it in the store and I'm not a fan of the texture. It's very thick and slightly tacky.
I wore the foundation without primer or powder, just over my sunscreen. I applied it with my fingers (this is how I usually apply all my foundations), you have to work fast because it drys quickly. On first application it looks like it runs a little red, but the dry down is neutral...thank God!
The finish is VERY matte; like powdery matte, I use setting spray just to add some luminosity to my face afterwards. One pump is enough for my entire face, this is because I prefer a more natural finish and not the cake face full beat.

It's MATTE!

How it wore?
I wore it through December to March, during our hot African summers and it's a done pretty well. My face was matte for at 4 hours before my oils peaked through in my T-zone, but I didn't need to blot, I just had a natural glow, which is what I prefer. It lasts all day without moving, separating or settling into my smile lines. I performed well and I think performance-wise it is comparable to my high-end holy grail, the Lancome teint idole ultra 24hr.

3hrs after application, when the glow comes through

Do I recommend it?
Yes! But I don't think those with dry to normal skin will like this one. Even I found the foundation drying, even without the companion primer. Regardless of the price ZAR 279.95, this is a well performing foundation, that's worth it's price but not prohibitively expensive as high-end foundations.
I suggest getting a sample from the clicks and NYX stores before committing to a full bottle.





No comments:

Post a Comment