Tuesday 24 April 2018

The Festival by Juvia's Place: five looks, one palette

Hello,
I'm finally writing up my review for the latest Juvia's Place palette; part of 'The Festival' collection which includes an eyeshadow palette and two matte liquid lipsticks. I purchased my palette through Beauty Gifts by Melanie in early March as a birthday gift to myself. Other third party sellers that I've purchased from are SAMIKA, Pink Cosmetics and Fashion Police. You can also order the palette directly from Juvia's Place or Beauty Bay.
Let me tell you, she's gorgeous; Juvia's Place palettes are inspired by African culture and this one is inspired by the Wodaabe Gerewol in West Africa.
Here's the description from Juvia's Place:
 "The festival party filled with mystic trances. A celebration of daring and bold colors. Not for the faint heart. A beautiful blend of colors to make everyday festive. Consists of 9 highly pigmented shades."


You can already tell which I shades I'm really digging.

The palette consists of five matte shades (Izafa, Ofala, Mmanwu, Iri Ji and Oro) and 4 shimmer and satin shades (Uli, Keleke, Aba and Odogwu).

As usual, I like to give myself at least 2 weeks with a palette, before I post a review. I get to play with it and learn how to play with the shades. For a beginner, most Juvia's Place palettes can feel incohesive and challenging, but I'm not into neutral palettes so each new palette is fun learning experience.

Below are some of the looks I came up with (I had to do this twice, since my previous phone died on me and I lost all my pictures).

Look #1
EYES: Crease - Iri Ji, Outer  - Aba & Lid  - Uli. Liner: Lancome Grandiose Liner in 02. Mascara: L'Oreal Lash Paradise Voluminous. Lips: Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Heroine.



Look #2
EYES: Crease - Iri Ji, Inner and outer - Keleke & Centre Lid - Aba. Liner: Essence long-lasting liner in Purple Rain.  Lips: Stila Stay All-Day liquid lipstick in Amore 09
Look #3
EYES: Apply a light layer of Uli over the entire lide and crease. Then add Izafa to the outer corner. Liner: Lancome Grandiose and Lash Paradise Voluminous. Lips: Stila Stay All-day liquid lipstick in Beso.
Look #4
EYES: Crease - Ofala, Outer - Izafa & Inner - Oro. Liner: Lancome Grandiose and Essence long lasting liner in Berry Fantastic. Mascara: L'Oreal Lash Paradise Voluminous. Lips: Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Conspiracy

Look #5
EYES: Crease - Mmanwu, Inner and Centre Lid - Keleke & Outer - Iri Ji. Liner: Essence extreme long lasting liner in Blackest Love. Mascara: L'Oreal Lash Paradise Voluminous. Lips: Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Psycho.


For my eyeshadow base I use the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Caffeine, except for look #4 where I layed down a white base with the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (this is just to make the colours pop against my skin, especially the mustard yellow Oro). All the shades are buttery soft as expected from Juvia's Place. I feel as though the mattes not as velvety as the shades in the Saharan II palette (See Review Here). The shimmers are not as soft as those in the Nubian II palette (Review Here).

I'm not wearing any foundation in any of these shots, just sunscreen (SVR Sebiaclear Crème SPF50). For blush, I'm either wearing MAC in Devil with Springsheen as a soft highlighter or I'm wearing blush colours from the Saharan Blush palette Volume I (also from Juvia's Place).

Which of these is your favourite? Let me know in the comments section.

Until my next post, 
xoxo




 

No comments:

Post a Comment