Thursday 21 July 2016

Make-Up Wishlist #1

Hi all, 
I've thinking of doing a wishlist post for a while now. There are so many products out there I want to try, but they're either really pricey or not available in South Africa. 
So here I go:

1. M.A.C powder blush in "Film noir": MAC describes this as a rich warm chocolate  colour. It's a matte finish. It will really work well as a contouring colour for the all "chocolate girls" out there. Costs ZAR 275

2. Urban Decay  Eyeshadow primer potion: They come in 3 shades and I've heard nothing but good things. Can't wait for UD to open in Cape Town. Costs ZAR 350 at the UD store in Sandton.

3. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in #14: So many Youtubers have sang its praises (This is the best one I've seen to date). It's one of the view luxury foundations that has a wide range of shades. It's not available in South Africa, but you can get it from nordstrom for ZAR 950...Yikes!

4. NARS blush in "Taj Mahal" (another audacious shade from NARS is exhibit A) I cam across this blush while searching google for blushes that complement dark skin. Anything that isn't a bright fuschia or red doesn't really show on my skin, unless it has got gold undertones. also not available in South Africa. It goes for ZAR 461 on nordstrom.

5. Morphe Brushes 35B Color Glam Palette: I love eye shadow! That's all. I'm kidding...finding affordable highly pigmented bright shadows is surprisingly difficult in South Africa. So putting this one on the list because this palette gives me life. It's available at varrious online stores in South Africa. Muse Beauty is the cheapest at ZAR 550. 

6. Christian Dior Rouge Dior in 786 Mystique Mauve This is such a beautiful colour. I tried it once at the Dior counter in Edgars (Why do I do these things to myself?)  So gorgeous...but so is the price ZAR (not sure ...last I checked it was ZAR 460).

7. Givenchy Noir Couture in "Black satin": I bought my first high end mascara on my first trip to Paris for about ZAR 300. Way back in the days when the ZAR was stronger. This is hands down my favourite mascara...dramatic lashes anyone? It's available at Edgars in South Africa now for ZAR 580.

8. BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector: being a combination/oily girl has its dowside...oily T-zone by midday if you don't take things in hand. I'm not really into powder, so for me the solution is a good primer that can keep the shine at bay and keep my makeup from melting off my face (especially in the summer). This primer goes for ZAR 580 at becca cosmetics online.

9. BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in "Topaz": comes as a liquid and poured compact. I'm not sure on how to apply liquid highlighter, so I'll stick with the compact. This shade is a bronzy gold that looks amazing on dark skin (See this review by the Style & Beauty Doctor). Also available at becca cosmetics for ZAR 470.

What make-up products are you dying to try out?


Love xoxo, 

N

No comments:

Post a Comment