Thursday 16 June 2016

Wash Day - Kinky Twists are Gone


Hello everyone, thanks for dropping by. Today I'm going to chronicle my latest wash day. 

I removed my latest protective style - waist-length kinky twists ...what was I thinking? 
Anyway, after 5 hours I was finally done removing the extensions and it was time to detangle and pre-poo; I do this in one step and this time I mixed the Garnier Ultimate Blends The Nourishing Repairer conditioner (available at Clicks, Dischem and major supermarkets R 39.95-59.95) with Jamaican black castor oil from Sunny Isle (I purchased this from www.african-flair.co.za 236ml for R 249.00).

Pre-poo treatment: conditioner and Jamaican black castor oil
I have thick hair, so I divide my hair into 4 or 5 sections for wash day; I applied the mixture to my hair focussing on the tips and finger detangle before using my Denman D7 brush to finish the job starting at the tips (I could write songs to my D7...it's that good!) and then I twist each section. after I'm detangling all my hair, I cover it with a plastic cap or cling wrap and wait a minimum of 30 minutes before shampooing.

On to the next step; I rinsed out my pre-poo treatment and proceeded to shampoo with the Don't be Flaky anti-dandruff shampoo from Giovanni. I apply the shampoo to each section focussing on the scalp and then massage with my fingers, and keep it on 5 minutes before rinsing it out. One application is enough to cleanse my scalp and hair without stripping it. 

I dry my hair with a t-shirt and since I wanted to refresh my colour I mixed my Crazy color in peacock blue with the CHI curl preserve low pH treatment. After applying it generously, I coverred my hair with cling wrap and waited 90 minutes before rinsing it out. My hair was really soft afterwards and my coils were popping!
Deep condition and colour in one step: CHI Curl Preserve System and Crazy color in peacock blue
Cantu Leave-in conditioner and Body Shop Beautifying Oil
I covered my hair with a t-shirt to dry and then followed up with the LOC method to moisturize and seal: Cantu leave-in conditioning cream, Body Shop Brazil nut beautifying oil and hair butter cream (with shea butter and Jamaican black castor oil).
Because the weather is wet this week, I decided to wear my hair in 12 braids and wear headwraps. I'll unwrap and unravel for a braidout over the weekend since I'm going to a wedding on Saturday. 

...that's a wrap!

xoxo, 


  

1 comment: