Tuesday 22 August 2017

Urban Decay Cape Town Opening & My UD Lipstick Collection

Hi all,
This past weekend, I attended the long-awaited opening of the newest Urban Decay store in South Africa at the V&A Waterfront. So, I dragged my BFF to the waterfront and we stood in line for an hour before getting into the store; Can I just say, the wait was worth it. Portia Luma (Deep & Afro House DJ) livened the atmosphere and there were giveaways for those waiting in the queue. 




I had a couple things in mind that have been on my wish list for quite sometime, but I like to swatch and try things before committing. lipsticks were on the agenda, since swatching a couple of them in Singapore a couple of weeks ago. I didn't buy them then, because they're cheaper here 😊.

Let the swatchfest begin...

Me and my BFF swatching like we've never swatched before

 I took advantage of the opening specials and made use of the 4 for 3 special: I picked 3 lipsticks
(R 240.00) to add to my collection as well as a tube of the primer potion eyeshadow primer in caffeine (R 320).

I've done lip swatches of the all the UD lip products in my collection:

Lipstick is My Vice 💋 Conspiracy (Metallized), Psycho and Heroine (both Comfort Matte)
I'm absolutely in love with the Vice lipsticks, especially the comfort matte formula since, it doesn't dry my lips out at all. conspiracy is the perfect metallic nude for those deeper skin tones. Psycho is the perfect pink on everyone (it's also got iridescent blue sparkle 😍). And then there's Heroine..it's a blue lipstick, if you're daring enough go ahead and wear it. I dare you ...😉

Liquid lipsticks: My favourite shade is purple lipstick Pandemonium (Matte) and a metallic blue Time
All that Glitters 😎 Special Effects Lipcoats in Reverb "Purple with shifty pink-gold sparkle" (on top of Pandemonium) and Ritual "Smoky blue-gray glitter with iridescent 3D Sparkle" (on top of Heroine)

I picked the liquid lipsticks (R 290) and Special Effects lip coats (R 295)  in Singapore (along with De-slick and All-nighter setting sprays); I got Pandemonium ( a comfort matte bright purple) and Time ( a blue metallized lippy). Both are super comfortable and long-wearing; although a greasy lunch means you need to reapply).
I got the lipcoats in Rital and Reverb; they can be applied over any matte lipstick to add some sparkle. I love them! It takes some skill to apply an even coat, but the end-result is worth it. You also feel a bit of a tingle when they're first applied to the lip but that goes away within minutes. The lipcoats are budge-proof and you'll need an oil-based product  to remove them.

Things I still want to get...
1. De-slick Complexion Primer
2. Naked Skin Foundation
3. Razor Sharp Liquid Eyeliners

That's it my pretties; I really enjoyed the store opening (my first ever). I want to thank the BFF coming with me. Makeup is so much more fun when it's a shared experience.
If you're a junkie like me, head over to the UD store; they've got makeup tutorial/lesson/demo services as well (for a price). For those that live far from Cape Town, Joburg and Pretoria; Foschini Beauty Online does stock UD products, with delivery for orders of R 500 or more.

What are items are you dying to try out from the Urban Decay range? Let me know in the comments section below.

'Till my next post, xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment